Effectively Convert Outlook Emails into Gmail from an OST File
How to Import Outlook Emails into Gmail from an OST File
Microsoft Outlook is a popular email client, while Gmail is a popular email service used by billions of people around the world. Because Outlook saves all of its data as an OST file, if a Microsoft Outlook user wishes to switch to Gmail, he must first import all of his emails and other data from his local OST file into his Gmail account. Furthermore, there is no direct mechanism or feature in Gmail or Outlook for importing data from an ost file. Importing Outlook emails into Gmail from an OST file can be done in two ways.
Export OST data to PST and import PST to Gmail manually.
Using the Outlook Import/Export Wizard, Export OST to PST:
1. Find the OST file and open it in the Outlook application.
(The OST file is located at C:UsersuserAppDataLocalMicrosoftOutlookemail.ost.)
You can also access the OST file directly from the Outlook app account settings.
Open File Location) (File > Account Settings > Account Settings> Data Files)
2. Microsoft Outlook program is now available. Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export from the File Tab.
3. In the Import and Export Wizard, click Next after selecting Export to a File.
4. Click Next after selecting the Outlook data file (.pst) option.
5. Click Next after selecting the mailboxes and folders you want to convert to a PST file.
6. Select a location to save the PST file by clicking Browse, then Finish.
Using G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook, Import Data from a PST File to Gmail:
1. Download and install the GSSMO utility on your Windows computer.
2. Launch G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook and log in with your credentials.
3. Select From PST file from the drop-down menu and click Next.
4. Click Next after browsing and selecting the saved PST file.
5. Now choose the data you want to move (ex. Calendar, Contacts, Emails)
6. To begin the migration, click Migrate.
You can now connect to your Gmail account and check for new messages.
PST in the list of mailboxes)
Using a Third-Party OST File Converter Tool is an Automated Method.
To log in to your Gmail account through a third-party program like OST to PST Converter, first, generate an app password rather than an account password. To establish a Gmail App Password, follow the steps outlined below.
1. Log in to your Gmail account and select Manage your Google Account from the top profile icon.
2. Now, go to Security Settings and enable 2-step verification.
3. Select Other from the App Passwords menu (custom name)
4. In the text field, type vMail OST to PST Converter and click GENERATE.
5. Click Done after copying and saving the generated password.
Steps to Convert Outlook Emails into Gmail from an OST File:
OST Converter Software should be downloaded and installed.
Open the program and go to the Add File tab.
Now select Add OST File and browse for the ost file to open.
After pressing the Next button, the software will analyze the file and retrieve all Outlook data.
To log in, go to the Imap Gmail tab and enter your Gmail account and App Password.
Choose which folders and mailboxes to import to Gmail.
7. Select the Import Now option to begin the OST to Gmail migration.
8. Check your Gmail account for the same folders after the process is finished.
Using a third-party OST File Converter application rather than the lengthy manual technique is a more effective way to immediately import Outlook emails into Gmail from an OST file. The MS Outlook software is unable to access data from a corrupt ost file and export it to a PST file when using the manual method. One of the greatest tools for performing quick and easy OST to Gmail migration is OST to PST Converter. When utilizing this software, there is no chance of losing email data. This OST file converter can handle files of any size and can restore data from encrypted or corrupted OST files. You may also use this application to convert an ost file to other formats like PST, MSG, EML, MBOX, EMLX, HTML, PDF, RTF, vCard, Office 365, and Exchange Server.