FSSAI license registration for Restaurants
In India, the Restaurant business is one of the rising business industries. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India inspects or protects the quality of the food business throughout India to promote the health of the public. The inspection of food quality will help to end the practice of food adulteration and non-consumable products.
Also, Read- Fssai Registration
FSSAI provides the license to the Food Business Operator(FBO) after registration and conducts all the rules and regulations for food business anywhere in India. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India ensures that food undergoes a proper quality check so that it won’t harm anyone’s health and life.
The restaurant business is one of the booming businesses in India therefore there is an increasing number of hotel entrepreneurs in India.
With the rapid growth of the restaurant business, the number of customers is increasing as well.
These days the customers are more vigilant and therefore they get more conscious about food safety and expect that the food they are consuming is healthy, safe, and of standard quality.
The Government of India launched the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India)
And made it mandatory for all hotels to obtain a fssai license to start a food business.
The FSSAI presents the set of rules and regulations which are necessary to maintain to start a food business in India.
Documents required for FSSAI registration ( For Restaurants Owners )
- Copy of Declaration form self-attested by the Proprietor/Restaurant Owner.
- Aadhar card/ PAN card is required for verification.
- Address proof issued by the Central Government or any government authority.
- Email Id and Contact number of the Restaurant owner.
- Food safety management plan of the restaurant.
- Water testing certificate from an ISI-certified authority.
- Layout plan for the kitchen.
- Medical Certificates of the employees.
- Types of equipment used in the Restaurant/Hotel.
- Food category list of the Restaurant.
- NOCs (No Objection Certificate) from Municipal Corporations or local authorities.
Process for FSSAI license registration(for Restaurants)
STEP 1: Click here – to get the FSSAI registration for your restaurants.
STEP 2: Enter your all details as mentioned in the application form.
STEP 3: Enter the name of the applicant/ Name of the restaurant owner.
STEP 4: Enter the Email Id and mobile number of the applicant.
STEP 5: Select the Restaurant/ Hotel from the nature of the business list.
STEP 6: Select the name of the food category from the list.
STEP 7: Select the type of business for which you want to register.
STEP 8: Enter the address and Pincode of the Restaurant owner/Applicant.
STEP 9: Select the State from the drop-down menu.
STEP10: Select the validity period from 1-5 years to print on your license.
STEP11: Tick the box to agree with the term and conditions.
STEP12: Complete the payment option to get the license number for your restaurant business.
STEP13: Your application form will be processed by the department and the license number will be sent to your Email-ID.
FSSAI License registration types
FSSAI license registration is categorized under three parts depending on the turnover
of the Food Business Organization(FBOs):
- FSSAI Basic Registration – For turnover less than Rs. 12 lakh
- FSSAI State License Registration – For turnover greater than Rs. 12 lakh and less than Rs. 20 crore
- FSSAI Central License Registration – For turnover greater than Rs. 20 crore
If you are a Proprietor/ Restaurant owner then an FSSAI license is really helpful in your business because FSSAI inspects all food-making processes and the quality of the ingredient or equipment which is used to prepare the food. In this article, we have already explained the process and documents required for the FSSAI license registration for restaurants.
Get an FSSAI license for your food business and make your restaurant delighted with name and fame.