How to Convert Emails from EML to PST format for Outlook?
There are a number of ways to migrate an EML file to a PST file for Outlook. However, a single strategy may not be appropriate for a variety of situations. So, you’ll need to figure out what works best for you. Learn why and how to move your EML files in this post.
It is an EML file that contains all of the information in a single email message. Sender, recipient, and date of message information are all included in this file. Because each file contains only one email, they are small in size. You can store all of your emails in a Personal Storage Table (PST) file in Outlook. Unlike EML files, a PST file can hold information equivalent to hundreds of them. The EML files should be exported to PST file format because of this.
Why the EML File to PST Conversion is required?
For a variety of reasons, a user may desire to convert an EML file to a PST file for Outlook. Regardless of the specific reasons, the majority of people that migrate their EML files do so for the same set of reasons. As part of the process of moving email messages to Outlook data files, it is essential that you know why you wish to do so.
- Corrupted EML files might be difficult to recover from. They are more susceptible to being corrupted than any other file type. As a result, exporting them into Outlook data files (PST) is an effective technique to safeguard valuable data from being corrupted.
- EML files can only be opened if you have an email client that can read them. However, the PST files can be opened in any version of Microsoft Outlook.
- A single email can be saved in an EML file. A large amount of storage space is consumed when you save a mailbox as an EML file. Emails and attachments are stored in a PST file, which takes up less space.
There are many more reasons for EML migration, but these are the most common ones.
How to Export EML Files to PST for Outlook?
Through a variety of methods, you can convert EML files to Outlook PST files. It is possible to conduct the processes without the use of any additional software. The manual technique is the one that doesn’t use any third-party software. You’ll need some technical expertise to use these methods. There are two ways to convert EML files to PST files for Outlook.
- Manual Approach
- Automated or Professional Method
There is no need for additional software to perform a manual migration.
Using Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail
This method involves converting emails in Windows Live Mail and Outlook. This is the email client program, not a third-party application. You can export EML files to PST files using their built-in functionality. To convert an EML file to a PST file for Outlook, follow the instructions below.
- As an administrator, run Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail.
- Take a look at the File menu in the upper right corner of Windows Live Mail.
- To export email messages, select the Export Email option and then select Email Messages from the menu.
- In the export option, select Microsoft Exchange and then click “Next”.
- All emails will be exported to Microsoft Outlook when this option is selected.
- Click Yes.
- You can either choose a specific email from the mailbox folder or move the entire inbox.
- The migration will begin if you press the OK button. In the end, an export completion wizard will pop up. The final step is to press the “Finish” button.
- EML files can be dragged and dropped into a folder.
To use this strategy, all you need is a copy of Microsoft Outlook. You can use this strategy if you have a limited number of EML files, as the EML files are saved in a different area on your computer. Also, if you don’t have an email client that can open EML files, the drag & drop method is the best alternative.
Take the following actions.
- Open Outlook on your computer.
- Take a look at where you’ve stored the EML files, and then click “Open.”
- Make a list of the EML files you want to transfer and click “Next.”
- Afterward, click and hold on to the files.
- Release the hold on the pointer by moving it to the inbox of Microsoft Outlook.
- When the EML files are converted from EML to PST, they will be imported into Outlook.
- The next step is to import EML files into Outlook Express.
Outlook Express can help you convert EML files to PST files. In Outlook Express, drag the EML files. Outlook Express can read and write EML files with this tool. Step-by-step instructions are provided below.
- Log on to your computer as an administrator and launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Select Open and Export from the File menu, then click the File tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select Import/Export.
- Import Internal Mail and Addresses, then Outlook Express, is the next step.
- To export EML files to Outlook, click the Next button and then the Finish button.
You can use these manual techniques to move EML files to Outlook data. Most of the time, these strategies are useful. However, they may not be appropriate in all situations. There are also some disadvantages to using manual techniques.
Automated or Professional Method
Third-party software is used in the professional approach to convert EML to PST for Outlook. It is a simple and efficient method for transferring email data. In addition, this method’s simplicity makes it suitable for both technically adept and less experienced users. Thus, we have seen in detail, the key ways to convert the EML files to the PST files for Outlook.